In earlier days, much before technology kicked into our lives young children loved to read but gradually this habit has been fading. Child psychologists have time and again stressed on the benefits of inculcating a habit of reading amongst children. Some of the virtues of reading often include vast improvement of learning skills, improved academic performance and better communication skills.
To understand how the book reading revolution has turned a new leaf, we need to examine the facets of reading books effectively in the 21st century. Traditional styles and reading habits have taken a new turn thanks to the digital revolution. There are numerous advantages of reading online through eBooks, our favorite 5 reasons are given below:
- Internet is a great treasure trove of eBooks based websites and literacy games. Most learners these days seem to empower themselves with an eBook. Books when read online are much more interactive than their physical counterparts leading to higher comprehension rates. These eBooks come with a large range of multimedia tools which further increase the attractiveness of such books amongst young readers. Obtaining mastery in any language through speak along routines has proved to be extremely effective.
- Reading books online is also a great way to unwind. Children these days find reading physical books extremely challenging. That is the primary reason why contemporary learners are picking eBooks which are a mix of serious reading, musical rhymes, animation and much more.
- Reading online is all about picking up endless possibilities together. The literature that is available online is enormous and can match the requirements of any child or adult irrespective of demographics or academic background. The child can be easily fascinated by fiction titles and on the other hand adults can read thought papers authored by the best professionals from across the globe.
- The role of technology in our day to day lives is increasing exponentially every passing minute. It is therefore essential to expose children to technology as early as physically possible. Ebooks enable a child to be technology literate and also learn to navigate internet. Starting at an early age also breeds familiarity and comfort with technology that helps spark off better logical reasoning skills in younglings aged 5 to 15 years.
- Reading online is a visual treat that enables children to engage creatively with color and fantasy, away from the monotony of physical white pages. Visuals help engage and capture the imagination of people, especially the younger ones. With increased concentration and discipline, students can learn to excel in school and get better academic grades.
Reading on the internet has become much more effective now as people can access premium category eBooks on all subjects & interests in one go. This is a much more cost effective strategy also as online library services such as LIVErary (www.myedge.in) provide an unparalleled opportunity to access, read and download eBooks on all categories of interest.
Log onto www.myedge.in to try a free trial of LIVErary right away.